As with any sport there is always a risk of injury however the club aims to minimise injuries through these steps
1. Age appropriate partnering
2. Protective, padded, non slip flooring in training areas
3. Syllabus based on safe, appropriate contact with most of the session completely non-contact (only exception is sparring).
4. Trained instructors to support and help students to perform techniques safely.
5. Any student not respecting the rights of others to train without being hurt are reprimanded-expelled from the club ensuring a safe and friendly training environment suitable for the whole family.
6. Separate training sessions are available for those wishing to have a larger amount of contact.